OUR LAMINATE INSTALLATION - WHAT TO EXPECT
Laminate floors can be installed in almost every room in your home, above or below ground, and over wood or concrete. Laminate flooring installation is 30% – 50% faster than other floors because there’s no need for adhesives or special tools.
At TISH FLOORING, we're committed to providing you with a quality, professional laminate installation.
BEFORE YOUR LAMINATE INSTALLATION
Once you have your TISH FLOORING installation scheduled and you have some lead time, there are a few things you’ll want to think about before your installation day.
Use a checklist like this to make sure nothing is put off to the last minute:
- Do you have pets? Make sure you have a plan for them, whether it’s keeping them secured in a separate room during the installation or having someone available to keep them out of harm’s way during the installation process.
- Will there be other home professionals in your home during the flooring installation? If so, make sure everyone is aware of the schedule in advance of the installation so there are no conflicts or delays!
- Where will all your stuff go? Store or box all valuables and sensitive items before installation day. Disconnect electronics and take down any pictures or wall hangings in the room.
DURING YOUR LAMINATE INSTALLATION
On the day of the installation, be prepared to greet the installers and direct them to the work area. You should also plan on being available during the installation in case the team has any questions. Keep in mind that it is not always possible for installers to give you an exact arrival time based on the varying lengths and circumstances of each installation.
- The versatility of floating floor installation allows it to be installed directly over various existing floors, including wood, concrete, glue-down vinyl tile and vinyl sheet. That means the installers might not need to pull up old flooring.
- The installers will add an underlayment during your laminate installation. Underlayment serves as a moisture barrier and will help quiet floors in areas with heavy foot traffic. It also makes your laminate floor sound and feel more like a real hardwood floor.
When the installation is complete, you should do a thorough walk-through. This will allow you to see the final results and ask any additional questions. We want you to be 100 percent satisfied with your laminate!
AFTER YOUR LAMINATE INSTALLATION
After installation, you’ll need to make sure your room has good ventilation. You can help ensure good air flow by opening up windows and turning on fans for about 48 to 72 hours.
Find out how to preserve the lifespan of your laminate by following our easy care and maintenance guidelines!
TISH FLOORING is the proud retailer of high-quality laminate from reputable brand names!