OUR CARPET INSTALLATION - WHAT TO EXPECT
TISH FLOORING'S qualified installers have the experience it takes to do the job right the first time, and the tools required to move quickly and handle any unexpected situations!
At TISH FLOORING, we're committed to providing you with a quality, professional installation! We hope the following information will help you prepare for your carpet installation.
BEFORE YOUR CARPET INSTALLATION
Once you have your TISH FLOORING installation scheduled and you have some lead time, there are a few things you’ll want to think about before your carpet installation! Use a checklist like this to make sure nothing is put off to the last minute:
- Do you have pets? Make sure you have a plan for them, whether it’s keeping them secured in a separate room during the installation or having someone available to keep them out of harm’s way during the installation process.
- Will there be other home professionals in your home during the flooring installation? If so, make sure everyone is aware of the schedule in advance of the installation so there are no conflicts or delays.
- Where will all your stuff go? Store or box all valuables and sensitive items before installation day. Disconnect electronics and take down any pictures or wall hangings that may be susceptible to falling.
DURING YOUR CARPET INSTALLATION
On the day of the installation, be prepared to greet the installers and direct them to the work area. You should also plan on being available during the installation in case the team has any questions. Keep in mind that it is not always possible for installers to give you an exact arrival time based on the varying lengths and circumstances of each installation.
- Dust is almost an inevitability, especially if your existing floor needs to be removed. There are a few things you can do to lessen it, though. If possible, temporarily turn off your HVAC system, if possible. Cover registers and vents to minimize dust from being circulated throughout your home.
- There may be hammering, power tools, and equipment moving noise! If you plan to be home throughout the installation, ask the crew to let you know which parts of the day involve the loudest processes.
When the installation is complete, you should do a thorough walk-through. This will allow you to see the final results and ask any additional questions. We want you to be 100 percent satisfied with your carpet!
AFTER YOUR CARPET INSTALLATION
After the installation is complete, be sure to establish good ventilation—especially if you or a family member is sensitive to odors. Some chemicals, adhesives, or tapes can have an odor for up to 72 hours after the job is done.
Find out how to preserve the lifespan of your carpet by following TISH FLOORING's easy care and maintenance guidelines!
TISH FLOORING is proud to offer high-quality carpets from reputable brand names!